The Chesterfield Township Historic Preservation Commission, established in October 2016, is a seven-member board which meets in public session at the Township Municipal Building on the first Tuesday of each month.
This Commission’s responsibilities include protecting and preserving the Township’s historic resources and sites, and creating community awareness and support for historic preservation. The Historic Preservation Commission is advisory to the Planning Board.
All permits and development applications involving activities that affect a historic landmark or an improvement within a historic district will be reviewed by the Commission before the permit or application can be approved. All applications must be submitted two weeks before the meeting date.
Township residents will benefit from historic preservation through:
- preserving elements of cultural, social, economic, agricultural and architectural history within the historic districts and other designated individual historic sites;
- stabilizing and improving property values within historic areas;
- encouraging the continued use of historic buildings and facilitating their appropriate reuse;
- managing change by preventing alterations or new construction not in keeping with the character of the districts;
- discouraging the unnecessary demolition of historic resources; and
- maintaining and developing an appropriate and harmonious setting for historic and architecturally significant buildings, structures or districts within Chesterfield Township
The Commission is comprised of five members and two alternates appointed by the Mayor. Members must meet classification criteria. The current members of the Historic Preservation Commission are:
Member - Class - Term - Expiration Date
Joseph Ratajczak - B - 4 year - December 31, 2023 (unexpired term)
Eugene Cardone - A - 4 year - December 31, 2023 (unexpired term)
Robert Forwood - A - 4 year - December 31, 2026
Timothy Beggs - C - 4 year - December 31, 2025
James Codella - C - 4 year - December 31, 2026
Jill Moraca- Alt. #1 - 2 year - December 31, 2024
Jennifer Lynch - Alt. #2 - 2 year - December 31, 2023