• Jobs
  • Virtual Meetings
  • Newsletter
  • Bids/RFPs

Employment Opportunities

Chesterfield Township is currently accepting applications for a part-time Electric Subcode Official who will also serve as Electric Inspector. 
Applicant must possess a Valid NJ License as Electric Subcode Official, and a valid NJ Driver’s License.
Interested candidates must submit an Application for Employment no later than 4:00 PM December 15, 2021. 
Chesterfield Township reserves the right to offer employment to a qualified candidate prior to the December 15, 2021 submission deadline.
Applications are available on the Township Website at https://www.chesterfieldtwpnj.gov/images/clerk/employment-application.pdf and must be hand-delivered or mailed to Township of Chesterfield, Attn:  Township Administrator, 295 Bordentown-Chesterfield Road, Chesterfield, NJ  08515.
The Township of Chesterfield is an equal opportunity employer.

To apply, complete an application by printing via this link:
Email your completed application to: 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Or you can mail your completed application to:
Chesterfield Police Department
295 Bordentown-Chesterfield Road
Chesterfield, New Jersey 08515
Attn: Aggie Napoleon


Read More




Read More


  • FREE Compost Workshop +


    Chesterfield Township has become aware that an unknown person/group is calling local residents purporting to be calling seeking donations on behalf of our police department. We have been told that the telephone number and name appearing on caller id's has even been duped to make it look like the call is coming from the township. PLEASE do not fall for such a thing as this! Our police department does not seek donations! Anyone who receives such a call should simply hang up and do not try to engage the caller.

    PERMITS AND INSPECTIONS Spring is here and many people are having work done to their homes and in their yards. While everyone wants to enjoy the benefits of improving our property, we need to be mindful of contractors who may not be entirely honest.One way to protect yourself is to require your contractor to obtain local and state permits, or show evidence that a permit is not required. Please note: All exterior improvements require a Zoning Permit. Here are some other things to keep in mind:- If a permit is required, is the contractor listed as performing the work or did they list the homeowner as the person performing the work? This is a trick used to keep their name out of the record in case something goes wrong with the work.- Is the contractor licensed to do business in the State of NJ?- Have you been provided with a written estimate that includes terms relating to deposits, payments, and delivery of the goods/services?- Did you obtain evidence of insurance coverage and is the coverage applicable to the type of work the contractor will be performing?

    Sign up to receive email news and information from the Township. When the website is updated, we will send you an email with a direct link to the new/updated information. Read More
  • 1